Fusion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encountering and Facing Problems

3 posters

Go down

Encountering and Facing Problems Empty Encountering and Facing Problems

Post  big wanga Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:33 am

Hey dudes gurls and cutie pie... ( I love you u deep Razz)

The other day I was journaling and writing some stuff. I asked before the question why do we find it hard to find you when we are in big problems or under stress or exams???
Then as I was reading the Holy Spirit really opened my eyes to this scripture and I thought it was awesome. Read 1 Kings 19: 1-12. Abit of background to this.... Alex journalled on choosing between God and Man (which was........AWESOME!!) but thats where I pick up the story. Elijah has just killed 300 of Baals prophets, and their chief prophetess Jezebel is coming after him now. If fact we see in verse 1 and 2 Jezebel saying pretty much that she wanted to kill him.
Here we have Elijah’s problem- Death. Now we can have many problems in our life and Elijah had a biggy. There are certain steps which I thought were awesome as I studied the Word and allowed the Holy Spirit to teach me. cherry

1) Verse 3a we see Elijah is afraid and he was running for his life. Running is a good thing; this indicates desperateness (if that’s even a word) and a longing to escape of find something better. But the question is where was Elijah running to? He was running away from his problem... This is okay because the bible says “Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest” (Matt 11:28). Elijah ran to a town called Beersheba. Beersheba was the place where Abraham made a pact with Abemilech (Gen 23 I think). To seal the deal Arabraham slaughter 7 lambs without blemish. When we are in trouble we need to run to the ultimate Lamb, the perfect one, the Alpha and Omega- JESUS CHRIST.

2) Verse 3b, Elijah left his servant behind. Elijah did what I think is the greatest hindrance to many Christians walks- He stopped being spoon fed. Some of us (including me) need to stop relying on Ps. Randall and Ps. Jim and Paivi to hear from God. Stop relying on FUSION or Church, as awesome as they are, to hear or find God.
I can honestly say I have never found God in church... I have experienced his presence but never found him. And what you really need, and what Elijah needed, when in trouble was to find God not experience him.
Elijah’s servant was with him always. He was there when he heard from God and was he was in trouble. He was like the best friend who always encouraged him, but God is saying why look to people who will always let you down but look to God. Leave them behind and come and find me.

3) Verse 4, then where did Elijah go? To the Desert. The desert is a place of desolation, nothingness and plainness. But God seems to be always found in the Desert- Jesus did it (Matt 4) and Moses did it (Exodus 24). In fact Moses had to God to the desert to talk to God and get what.... The Word of God. See there is great importance in the desert. It’s a place of no distractions and where you can sit and hear God. Where is the desert? Anywhere, my desert is in my room 10pm-11pm every night... Where is yours?
I feel that every Christian needs to have a desert to really seek God. You will never (this is bold) grow in your walk if you never go into the desert. Do you know where Beersheba is? Right on the edge of the Negev Desert. God doesn’t want you to stay in Beersheba only but to go into the Negev as well. If you want to experience God more there is 1 simple step you need to take first....... Get into the desert. Many ppl including me didn’t like this step. I use to like step (1) going to Beersheba or to Jesus and if he did seem to be giving me the answers well.... I’d just give up but I really feel that God is say “I am the God of the Ocean, not just the Shallow shoreline.”

4) Verse 5, Elijah came sat down and rested under the Tree. Elijah did all he could do then he came to Tree whose leave never withers, who give life and is the Adonia- JESUS CHRIST. After we have done all we can to stand and stood some more we need to come to the base of the Tree which is the Cross which bought my redemption. Basically what Elijah did was symbolic of laying his problems at the cross.

5) Verse 6, under the tree we will find food and drink. An angel visited Elijah and gave him what??? A hug cheers .... no food and drink.... This is the Word of God and a refreshing from the Holy Spirit. The Lord knows what lies ahead, he will bring his Word and feed you until you have the strength to continue.

6) Verse 8, Then Elijah travelled to the mountain of the Lord. This is the inner most place of God. God gave him strength and understanding to be able to take him to that new place and get the right perspective. Remember Elijah was running in fear of his life, he forgot about the law which said God is my defender, my shield, fortress, he forgot that so God fed him and said brother let me give you some perspective, come to the Mountain.
It’s interesting if you lost you go to the mountain because from the mountain you can see everything, Elijah needed God’s perspective not man’s perspective. That’s what God want to give you on the Mountain

7) Verse 10-12 When on the mountain God said in v.11 “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.” Not only will persepctive come but an encounter with God will come.
3 things these verses 10 to 12 points out:
(a) You need to be on the mountain, WHere are u know? Question
(b) You must have strength through the feeding of the Word and refreshing of the Holy Spirit
(c) You must “Stand” not run (which is what we did to get here) but stand and wait for the Hand of God to pass by (Eph 6:13)

There it is fokes farao . The whole process really can be summarised in 1 word- PERSPECTIVE. Getting a God perspective when you’re in trouble. I find it interesting that all God said to Elijah was “What are you doing here?” But getting this perspective is harder than what people make out to be.

Anways that is just another
Deep Thought from a Shallow Christian.
Luv u Deep 1 Peter 4:8
Very Happy jocolor
big wanga
big wanga
Admin

Back to top Go down

Encountering and Facing Problems Empty Re: Encountering and Facing Problems

Post  +Dr. Xela+ Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:55 am

man, man, man... affraid someone is on his Biblical game!!! bounce seriously...

so when are you writing a book? just a thought. cyclops

very nice i like. What a Face

this is awesome, i will read this again once exams are over...

nice cheers
+Dr. Xela+
+Dr. Xela+
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  +Dr. Xela+ Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:21 am

Oh man something else i just realised Very Happy

you know how you wrote: "Where is the desert? Anywhere, my desert is in my room 10pm-11pm every night... Where is yours?"

that's awesome THAT IS EXACTLY WHEN I DO MY MY PRAISE AND PRAYER AS WELL Very Happy

i journal in the morning and do that at night

mad dude.........so all this time WE WERE DOING IT TOGETHER Shocked no wonder we are besties! What a Face

that's awesome..... catch you next time pirat
+Dr. Xela+
+Dr. Xela+
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  big wanga Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:55 am

Mad dude, lol

In Romans 12:10 it says "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves."

This is what I think when I am with you lol..... (I know it sounds gay) but the kinda love I am talking about is an Agape Love.... Unconditional that no matter what you do, what you say, or how u act I got ur back.... this is the kinda luv u only express in family...... therefore
Welcome to the family Alex Cameron Wangatau lol cheers

I know this is 1 area of my life which not many people can teach me more coz I have learnt to love from my brothers (u and jesse) on earth and my father in heaven........
1 Thess 4:9 "Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other."

4:8.....

afro
big wanga
big wanga
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  +Dr. Xela+ Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:50 am

dude that is awesome cyclops

yes I am a Wangatau now!!! woohoo!!!

hey dude check out this Scripture...James 5:16 - "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective". Am I so glad that I have a mad dude like you to tell all my stuff to; and that we can pray for each other. Very Happy Much love Embarassed

And also, I have always thought about the story of Elijah, with standing up and saying to the crowd "How long will you waver between two opinions?" And causing the rain to come... and I've always thought, "What made him so awesome to do all this stuff?" And after the scripture above in James it says, "Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the land produced its crops."

How good is that? He was a man just like us: so its all in the power of prayer.

Oh and you know Luke 6:38 - "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." I believe this Scripture is also talking about prayer. When you pray for others, you will receive what you pray for yourself - a good measure, poured into your lap. God will literally drop into your lap what you are praying for. cheers

The key is praying for others Exclamation

Enjoy Wanga, and all my other Fusion Family, I love you big time. What a Face
+Dr. Xela+
+Dr. Xela+
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kaaaaaaaaate Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

wowo! that's super Smile
us girls all journaled at church on sunday and esther did this exact chapter, but i forgot to write down where it was and what she was saying (which was pretty awesome, similar stuff to this), so this is awesome to have it neatly explained for everyone! i'll come back and read it better when i'm not on a study break, in a few days Smile
kaaaaaaaaate
kaaaaaaaaate

Back to top Go down

Post  +Dr. Xela+ Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:20 am

yes!!!

nice to know I have a connection with the girls when journaling Embarassed

woooooooooooooooo cyclops
+Dr. Xela+
+Dr. Xela+
Admin

Back to top Go down